In order to further strengthen the mutual understanding and friendship between peoples of China and Nigeria, the Chinese government has been providing scholarships for Nigeria students studying in Chinese higher education institutions since 1980s. Especially during the recent years, the Chinese Government increased the scholarships from 5 to around 20 for each academic year since 2007, which also serves the support for Nigerians to accelerate the achievement of Vision 2016.
The Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) formulates Chinese government scholarship program, and entrusts China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) to handle the enrollment of international students.
For the academic year of 2016/2017, the Chinese government will provide 23 full scholarships for Nigerian students who wish to study in China for bachelor, master or doctoral degrees, general scholars and senior scholars, of which applications higher than bachelor degree are preferred.
Part Two: APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
The specified Application requirements for Chinese Government Scholarships are as follows:
The application period for the 2015/2016 Chinese Government Scholarship is valid from 2 March to 31 March, 2015. Application materials received after the deadline will not be processed.
- Program Categories, Duration and Language of Instruction
|Program Categories||Major Study
|Chinese Language (preparatory) study
|Undergraduate||4-5||Up to 2
|Master||2-3||Up to 2||2-5|
|Doctor||3-4||Up to 2||3-6|
|General scholar||Up to 1||Up to 1||Up to 2|
|Senior scholar||Up to 1||Up to 1||Up to 2|
-The Chinese Higher Education Institutions generally use Chinese as instruction language. Applicants with no command of Chinese are generally required to take Chinese language courses for 1-2 years before their major studies. Applicants who apply for study in science, engineering, agriculture, medicine (western medicine), economics, management and law are required to take Chinese language courses for 1 year. Applicants who apply for study in literature, history, philosophy, and medicine (traditional Chinese medicine, Chinese herb medicine) are required to take Chinese language courses for 2 years.
-All the undergraduate programs, most graduate programs and most non-degree programs are instructed in Chinese. Certain universities offer English-taught graduate programs and non-degree programs(General and senior scholar) in English. For detailed program description, please check the Directory of the Chinese Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Program at www.csc.edu.cn/laihuaor www.campuschina.org.
III. Applicants Eligibility
-Applicants must be Botswana citizens in good health.
-Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for undergraduate programs must have senior high school certificate with good academic performance and be under the age of 25.
- Applicants for master degree programs must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree programs must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for General Scholar program must have completed at least two years of undergraduate study and be under the age of 45, all subjects besides Chinese language are available.
- Applicants for Senior Scholar program must have master’s degree or above, or hold academic titles of associate professor or above, and be under the age of 50.
- Application Procedures
To apply send an email to our mailbox (Ghanaadmissionagency@gmail.com) We will get back to you as soon as possible.